At AVT Productions, we come to work each day to make a positive difference, and we create experiences that engage. We value relentless customer service, attention to detail, teamwork, doing the right thing, and getting things done. We have been in business for almost 30 years, producing events for some of the biggest companies in the world. All of our work is based out of our Santa Clara headquarters.
We’re always looking for good people to join our team.
If you’re interested in any of the positions listed below, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please reference the position you’re seeking).
Director of Event Productions
Position Description: Director of Event Productions
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Job Grade: Exempt
General Summary/Purpose Of Position
Manage the Production Department staff in collaborating with AVT Productions clients with the goal of producing successful events. Collaborate with team members to ensure that AVT Productions consistently is Delivering a Superior Event Experience.
Essential Job Functions
As a representative of AVT Productions Management, provide highest level of professionalism and customer service and integrity when dealing with Customers, Vendors, and AVT Productions Team Members.
Supervise Production Managers in the Pre-Production Management of:
- Coordination with sales and account management in the assignment and handoff of clients.
- Technical requirements of events from creation to execution.
- Needs analysis and suggested solutions to support the client’s goal.
- Assuring that content is client approved/certified/compliant with client policies.
- Arrangement for the creation and development of set and lighting designs.
- Creation of a comprehensive equipment list in the order entry software.
- Obtaining client signoff on the scope, timetable and cost prior to event.
Supervise Production Managers in the Event Management of:
- Coordination of the logistics for the event including but not limited to staffing, equipment, vendors, lodging, transportation, incidentals, etc.
- Room configuration, load in, setup, tear down and preparation for transport back of audio visual equipment.
- Monitoring and exemplifying proper safety procedures.
- Meeting and greeting clients at the event.
- The liaison between the client and the production crew on events to ensure effective communication and coordination.
Supervise Production Managers in the Post-Production Management of:
- Collaboration with account management to follow up with internal and external staff to review the positive and negatives that unfolded throughout the event.
- Exploring and proactively executing future solutions to any problems that may have occurred.
- Determine and enact policies and procedures built around best and safe practices for event production
- Stay current with the latest trends in audio visual presentation support and advise on audio visual equipment and staging purchases and retirement.
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, scheduling, timesheets, training, evaluating, and disciplinary actions of production managers and technical staff
- Assist human resources function with the update of job descriptions and recruitment
- of production staff.
- Documenting and retaining evaluations including but not limited to interview, needs analysis, training, coaching & counseling, disciplinary, & termination.
- Work with third party vendors and union labor sources to ensure optimum outside labor sourcing (cost, skill level, flexibility, availability, etc.) as required.
- Requisition, reviewing and approving external production charges prior to vendor payment.
- Timely sign off on invoiced event charges and ensure all items has been properly billed prior to handing back to account management for client approval.
- Strategically manage the production department operations toward effective profitability through the management of payroll and other expenses.
- Supervise and direct all internal and external staff during event productions.
- Confirm production staff requirements for every show that is produced.
- Provide record of accountability and performance for production staff as needed or requested by operations management including addressing any disciplinary issues that arose on event.
- College degree preferred with 7 to 10 years prior work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a management role within the event staging and production space.
- 3 to 5 years working knowledge of audio visual equipment with a proficiency in lighting, sound, video recording and data projection.
- Strong written/verbal communication and public contact
- Effective teamwork, leadership, motivational, and problem solving
- Managing multiple priorities and project management
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently and proactively.
- Business software proficient especially with MS Office Suite, CRM & inventory databases
- Flexibility to meet occasional early morning, late evening and weekend commitments
- Ability to travel overnight and or out of town as required
- Consent to and ability to pass a criminal background check
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a clear driving record
- Agreement to executing a Non-Disclosure Agreement
REPORTS TO: President
Part Time Audio Video & Warehouse Technician
Job Title: Part Time AV & Warehouse Technician
Job Type: Regular Part Time
Classification: Non-Exempt Hourly
- AV equipment preparation and load in for all AVT Productions events and warehouse operations.
- Onsite setup and operation of AV equipment for small to medium size events.
- Reports To: Warehouse and Logistics Manager
- Direct Reports: none
- Responsible for completing all AV event setup and teardown for AVT Productions events.
- Responsible for ensuring A/V Techs deliver the expected AVT Productions level of service.
- Oversee resources to proactively ensure high quality service delivery while striving for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for following protocols for A/V products and services.
- Provide professional, courteous technical support service to all customers with an emphasis on client services.
- Provide solutions for presentation needs occasionally under high-pressure circumstances.
- Provide immediate response to requests for assistance to events in progress.
- Setup, calibration and technical support for AV systems
- Setup and operation of portable audio systems.
- Assist with QC and repair warehouse inventory items
- Track inventory assets through physical inventory counting
- Fill client orders with warehouse inventory assets
- Maintain clean and safe working environments
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of audiovisual experience required.
- Convention Center/ Hotel/ Arena/ Large Venue experience is a plus.
- Ability to read audiovisual design documents is a plus.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Willing and able to drive a box truck.
- Set construction and woodworking experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Capability to stand, walk, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- Capability to climb ladders or scaffolding
- Capability to lift & move excess of 50lbs as necessary in the normal flow of the day to day work load unassigned and lift and move 100lbs with assistance.
- Capability to work in high places
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
Internship – Marketing Development Representative
AVTP is currently seeking a skilled, experienced and energetic Market Development Representative to join our marketing team. The Market Development Rep will have a direct impact on our success by nurturing prospects from lead status and qualifying them into the sales pipeline.
This role will act as a layer between marketing and sales, with a focus on turning leads into opportunities. The Market Development Rep will qualify all inbound and outbound leads via the phone, web, email, corporate events and direct mail campaigns. The goal is to take a lead from a marketing campaign, qualify the lead through opportunity discovery, set an on-site appointment with an Account Executive, and follow through until a quote is delivered.
- Generate appointments and quotes through proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management to market our solutions to potential customers
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set appointments from those leads.
- Use strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments.
- Consistent use of sales approach and techniques based on product or service solutions.
- Log, track, and maintain customer contact and contact records.
- Work closely with Account Executives and attend customer meetings as required.
- Attend sales meetings, vendor training, and local trade shows to keep current with technology.
- At least 1 year experience with customer service, inbound and outbound telesales, or market development activities
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong in-person, phone and written customer communication skills.
- Understanding of workflow systems and their application to customer business process improvement.
- Ability to make formal and informal presentation to staff and clients.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications
- Must be able to travel.
- Experience with professional services sales or marketing
- Knowledge of corporate events, or the event industry in general
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus
- Familiarity with email marketing
Part Time Audio Video Events Technician
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Job Grade: Non-Exempt
General Summary/Purpose of Position
Responsibilities include setting up, adjusting, and operating audio-visual equipment which include but are not limited to audio, video, data, projection, camera, lighting, and computer related components. Capability to fine tune and troubleshoot components on an as-needed per event basis is a must.
Essential Job Functions
- Understanding and implementing setup and operation of all audio visual equipment.
- Ability to understand signal flow and processing.
- Experience with Audio in live events settings.
- Experience with Data and Video Switching a very strong plus.
- Experience with Video Capture and Video Conferencing.
- Communicate with Event Producers effectively as well as explain our services to technical and non-technical customers and clients as needed.
- PC and MAC proficiency.
- Experience with Web-Cast and Collaborative tools such as WebEx, Bluejeans, etc.
- Assist staff with pulling, staging and striking audio visual equipment for events.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
Summary of Other Job Duties
- Highest level of Customer Service.
- Demonstrate and uphold company Core Values.
- Professionally groomed to company standards, specific location’s standards, and to the standards of our clients.
- Conduct safety practices during and after events.
- Responsive and timely communication skills.
- Assist with room configuration setup and tear down of audio visual equipment (Lifting involved).
- Accept mentoring, accountability, and practical discipline.
- Willing and able to learn new technologies quickly. Retains knowledge learned.
- Highly organized, strongly self-disciplined, and exhibits leadership skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively.
- 2- 4years prior work experience with a minimum high school diploma
- Ability to multi-task and lift up to 50lbs without assistance and 100lbs with assistance.
- Schedule flexibility, some weekends work required
- Able to pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Must have valid Drives License (class A & B desired) with an insurable driving record
Lead Events Technician and Service Delivery Manager
If you’re interested in the above job openings, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
If you would like to learn more about freelance opportunities at AVT Productions, please fill out the form below.