We’re always looking for good people to join our team.
At AVT Productions, we come to work each day to make experiences that engage. Most of all we have fun! We value relentless customer service, attention to detail, teamwork, doing the right thing, and getting things done. These are the AVT Core Values that guide our days and which we hold ourselves accountable to.
AVT has been in business for more than 30 years, producing events for some of the largest companies in the world but our headquarters is based in Santa Clara, California. If you thrive on a fast-paced environment and have a passion for events, we would love to hear from you!
This is a Full-Time internal position.
- An outgoing personality, event industry knowledge and strong consultative skills with a sincere focus on customer service are preferred.
- Primary responsibilities include planning and executing events, with an expertise in implementing the overall creative, technical and logistical elements that help an event succeed. (Event design, build strategies, audio-visual production, networking, logistics, partner sourcing, partner management, asset management, budgeting, and client service).
- This position will also while on site, manage production teams run the event from concept, to implementation, to live show, to load out.
- The Sr. Production Manager may also be involved in more than just the planning and execution of the event, but also brand building, marketing and the overall communication strategy of the client.
- This individual should thrive under pressure, enjoy travel, and have a passion for technical event production and logistics.
- Reports to: President
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee internal and external staffing resources to proactively ensure high quality service delivery while striving for continuous improvement.
- Establish a project plan and work with the AVT Productions internal team, logistics and external vendors in ensuring that all logistical needs for the event are understood and met and on onsite main point of contact for all aspects of production
- Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills with superb attention to detail
- Work very closely with Project Managers in managing of the project budget, keeping track of expenses and updating the team on costs so that they are able to be communicated to the client as needed
- Ongoing reconciliation of all project expenses, including ensuring vendor invoices are accurate and paid, and client invoices reflect all approved event expenses
- Responsible for ongoing coaching and development of staff and timely performance management feedback.
- 7+ years’ experience managing and directing corporate technical production events
- Effectively managing and executing against $500k+ production budgets
- Auto CAD & VectorWorks design skill and experience
- Ability to read and build audio visual design documents and equipment orders.
- Educated on the latest event technologies, with the ability to design these technologies into
event experience seamlessly
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Exceptional project management skills
- Builds solid and reciprocal relationships with designated client contacts and vendors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Smartsheets and G drive
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to take direction without follow up. Able to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call as necessary.
- Capability to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time
- Capability to lift & move excess of 50lbs
- Pass a background check